Members of the South Bruce OPP are reminding you to secure your property following several break, enter and thefts from vehicles and garages last week in the Municipality of Brockton.
On October 5th, officers investigated a report of a break and enter, and theft on William Street North in Brockton.
While investigating the first incident, officers learned multiple garages and vehicles on William Street North had been entered overnight between 3am and 5am.
Later that same day police recovered a stolen red Kia Rio that was found abandoned on Orange Street in Brockton. Inside the stolen vehicle were several items that had been stolen from the vehicles and garages that were entered on William Street North.
South Bruce OPP offers the following suggestions for owners on how to best protect your property and reduce your chances of becoming a victim.
- Lock the doors and pocket the keys when you park your vehicle.
- Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- If you have a garage, use it and lock the garage door as well as your vehicle.
- Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running
- Never leave valuable objects or packages in your vehicle
- Watch out for suspicious people or activity in your neighbourhood. Call police immediately, don't delay; your information may help solve a crime.
This investigation is ongoing and the South Bruce OPP is requesting anyone with information regarding this or any other incident to call police at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a secure web-tip at www.cstip.ca, where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2000.